Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: one after another (0.01763 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to one after another.
English → English
Definition: one after another
one after another
adv : in single file; “the prisoners came out one by one”
[syn: one by one
, one at a time
English → English
Definition: One after another
1. Behind in place; as, men in line one after another. “Shut
doors after you.”
2. Below in rank; next to in order. --Shak.
Codrus after Ph?bus sings the best. --Dryden.
3. Later in time; subsequent; as, after supper, after three
days. It often precedes a clause. Formerly that was
interposed between it and the clause.
After I am risen again, I will go before you into
Galilee. --Matt. xxvi.
4. Subsequent to and in consequence of; as, after what you
have said, I shall be careful.
5. Subsequent to and notwithstanding; as, after all our
advice, you took that course.
6. Moving toward from behind; following, in search of; in
Ye shall not go after other gods. --Deut. vi.
After whom is the king of Israel come out? --1 Sam.
7. Denoting the aim or object; concerning; in relation to;
as, to look after workmen; to inquire after a friend; to
thirst after righteousness.
8. In imitation of; in conformity with; after the manner of;
as, to make a thing after a model; a picture after Rubens;
the boy takes after his father.
or call after
, to name like and reference to.
Our eldest son was named George after his uncle.
9. According to; in accordance with; in conformity with the
nature of; as, he acted after his kind.
He shall not judge after the sight of his eyes.
--Isa. xi. 3.
They that are after the flesh do mind the things of
the flesh. --Rom. viii.
10. According to the direction and influence of; in
proportion to; befitting. [Archaic]
He takes greatness of kingdoms according to bulk
and currency, and not after their intrinsic value.
, when everything has been considered; upon the
(with the same noun preceding and following), as,
wave after wave, day after day, several or many (waves,
One after another
To be after
, to be in pursuit of in order to reach or get;
as, he is after money.