Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: on the pad (0.01046 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to on the pad.
English → English
Definition: on the pad
, n. [Perh. akin to pod.]
1. A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft;
2. A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting; esp.,
one formed of many flat sheets of writing paper, or layers
of blotting paper; a block of paper.
3. A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
4. A stuffed guard or protection; esp., one worn on the legs
of horses to prevent bruising.
5. (Zo["o]l.) A cushionlike thickening of the skin one the
under side of the toes of animals.
6. A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
7. (Med.) A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support
a part, etc.
8. (Naut.) A piece of timber fixed on a beam to fit the curve
of the deck. --W. C. Russel.
9. A measure for fish; as, sixty mackerel go to a pad; a
basket of soles. [Eng.] --Simmonds.
10. A dwelling place, usually an apartment; one's living
quarters; as, come over to my pad to watch the game.
11. A sum of money paid as a bribe to police officers, shared
among them; also, the list of such officers receiving
such a bribe.
, a saddlecloth; a housing.
. See def. 3, above.
(Harness Making), a piece of wood or metal which
gives rigidity and shape to a harness pad. --Knight.
on the pad
, receiving bribes; -- of police officers.