Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: mezzo-rilievo(0.01030 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to mezzo-rilievo.
English → English (WordNet)
n : a sculptural relief between low relief and high relief [syn:
English → English (gcide)
Relief \Re*lief"\ (r?-l?f"), n. [OE. relef, F. relief, properly,
a lifting up, a standing out. See Relieve, and cf.
1. The act of relieving, or the state of being relieved; the
removal, or partial removal, of any evil, or of anything
oppressive or burdensome, by which some ease is obtained;
succor; alleviation; comfort; ease; redress.
He sees the dire contagion spread so fast,
That, where it seizes, all relief is vain. --Dryden.
2. Release from a post, or from the performance of duty, by
the intervention of others, by discharge, or by relay; as,
a relief of a sentry.
For this relief much thanks; 'tis bitter cold.
3. That which removes or lessens evil, pain, discomfort,
uneasiness, etc.; that which gives succor, aid, or
comfort; also, the person who relieves from performance of
duty by taking the place of another; a relay.
4. (Feudal Law) A fine or composition which the heir of a
deceased tenant paid to the lord for the privilege of
taking up the estate, which, on strict feudal principles,
had lapsed or fallen to the lord on the death of the
5. (Sculp. & Arch.) The projection of a figure above the
ground or plane on which it is formed.
Note: Relief is of three kinds, namely, high relief
(altorilievo), low relief, (basso-rilievo), and
demirelief (mezzo-rilievo). See these terms in the
6. (Paint.) The appearance of projection given by shading,
shadow, etc., to any figure.
7. (Fort.) The height to which works are raised above the
bottom of the ditch. --Wilhelm.
8. (Physical Geog.) The elevations and surface undulations of
a country. --Guyot.
Relief valve, a valve arranged for relieving pressure of
steam, gas, or liquid; an escape valve.
Syn: Alleviation; mitigation; aid; help; succor; assistance;
remedy; redress; indemnification.