Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: mastery(0.01392 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to mastery.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or
activity; “a good command of French” [syn: command, control]
2: power to dominate or defeat; “mastery of the seas” [syn: domination,
3: the act of mastering or subordinating someone [syn: subordination]
English → English (gcide)
Mastery \Mas"ter*y\, n.; pl. Masteries. [OF. maistrie.]
1. The position or authority of a master; dominion; command;
If divided by mountains, they will fight for the
mastery of the passages of the tops. --Sir W.
2. Superiority in war or competition; victory; triumph;
The voice of them that shout for mastery. --Ex.
Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate
in all things. --1 Cor. ix.
O, but to have gulled him
Had been a mastery. --B. Jonson.
3. Contest for superiority. [Obs.] --Holland.
4. A masterly operation; a feat. [Obs.]
I will do a maistrie ere I go. --Chaucer.
5. Specifically, the philosopher's stone. [Obs.]
6. The act process of mastering; the state of having
He could attain to a mastery in all languages.
The learning and mastery of a tongue, being
unpleasant in itself, should not be cumbered with
other difficulties. --Locke.