Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: lift pump(0.01027 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to lift pump.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: lift pump
n : pump used to lift rather than force a liquid up
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Lift pump
Lift \Lift\, n.
1. Act of lifting; also, that which is lifted.
2. The space or distance through which anything is lifted;
as, a long lift. --Bacon.
3. Help; assistance, as by lifting. Hence: A ride in a
vehicle, given by the vehicle's owner to another person as
a favor -- usually in “give a lift” or “got a lift”;
as, to give one a lift in a wagon; Jack gave me a lift
into town. [Colloq.]
[1913 Webster +PJC]
The goat gives the fox a lift. --L'Estrange.
4. That by means of which a person or thing lifts or is
(a) A hoisting machine; an elevator; a dumb waiter.
(b) An exercising machine.
5. A rise; a degree of elevation; as, the lift of a lock in
6. A lift gate. See Lift gate, below. [Prov. Eng.]
7. (Naut.) A rope leading from the masthead to the extremity
of a yard below; -- used for raising or supporting the end
of the yard.
8. (Mach.) One of the steps of a cone pulley.
9. (Shoemaking) A layer of leather in the heel.
10. (Horology) That portion of the vibration of a balance
during which the impulse is given. --Saunier.
11. A brightening of the spirits; encouragement; as, the
campaign workers got a lift from the President's
Dead lift. See under Dead. --Swift.
Lift bridge, a kind of drawbridge, the movable part of
which is lifted, instead of being drawn aside.
Lift gate, a gate that is opened by lifting.
Lift hammer. See Tilt hammer.
Lift lock, a canal lock.
Lift pump, a lifting pump.
Lift tenter (Windmills), a governor for regulating the
speed by adjusting the sails, or for adjusting the action
of grinding machinery according to the speed.
Lift wall (Canal Lock), the cross wall at the head of the