Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: libertine(0.01498 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to libertine.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : unrestrained by convention or morality; “Congreve draws a
debauched aristocratic society”; “deplorably dissipated
and degraded”; “riotous living”; “fast women” [syn: debauched,
degenerate, degraded, dissipated, dissolute, profligate,
n : a dissolute person; usually a man who is morally
unrestrained [syn: debauchee, rounder]
English → English (gcide)
Libertine \Lib"er*tine\ (-t[i^]n), n. [L. libertinus freedman,
from libertus one made free, fr. liber free: cf. F. libertin.
1. (Rom. Antiq.) A manumitted slave; a freedman; also, the
son of a freedman.
2. (Eccl. Hist.) One of a sect of Anabaptists, in the
fifteenth and early part of the sixteenth century, who
rejected many of the customs and decencies of life, and
advocated a community of goods and of women.
3. One free from restraint; one who acts according to his
impulses and desires; now, specifically, one who gives
rein to lust; a rake; a debauchee.
Like a puffed and reckless libertine,
Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads.
4. A defamatory name for a freethinker. [Obsolescent]
Libertine \Lib"er*tine\, a. [L. libertinus of a freedman: cf. F.
libertin. See Libertine, n. ]
1. Free from restraint; uncontrolled. [Obs.]
You are too much libertine. --Beau. & Fl.
2. Dissolute; licentious; profligate; loose in morals; as,
libertine principles or manners. --Bacon.