Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: involution(0.01106 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to involution.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: reduction in size of an organ or part (as in the return of
the uterus to normal size after childbirth)
2: a long and intricate and complicated grammatical
3: marked by elaborately complex detail [syn: elaborateness,
4: the act of sharing in the activities of a group; “the
teacher tried to increase his students' engagement in
class activities” [syn: engagement, participation, involvement]
[ant: non-engagement, non-engagement, non-engagement]
5: the process of raising a quantity to some assigned power
6: the action of enfolding something [syn: enfolding]
English → English (gcide)
Involution \In`vo*lu"tion\, n. [L. involutio: cf. F. involution.
1. The act of involving or infolding.
2. The state of being entangled or involved; complication;
All things are mixed, and causes blended, by mutual
3. That in which anything is involved, folded, or wrapped;
envelope. --Sir T. Browne.
4. (Gram.) The insertion of one or more clauses between the
subject and the verb, in a way that involves or
complicates the construction.
5. (Math.) The act or process of raising a quantity to any
power assigned; the multiplication of a quantity into
itself a given number of times; -- the reverse of
6. (Geom.) The relation which exists between three or more
sets of points, a.a', b.b', c.c', so related to a point O
on the line, that the product Oa.Oa' = Ob.Ob' = Oc.Oc' is
constant. Sets of lines or surfaces possessing
corresponding properties may be in involution.
7. (Med.) The return of an enlarged part or organ to its
normal size, as of the uterus after pregnancy.