Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: inverted(0.01083 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to inverted.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed;
“a quotation mark is sometimes called an inverted
comma”; “an upside-down cake” [syn: upside-down]
2: (of a plant ovule) completely inverted; turned back 180
degrees on its stalk [syn: anatropous] [ant: amphitropous]
English → English (gcide)
Invert \In*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Inverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Inverting.] [L. invertere, inversum; pref. in- in +
vertere to turn. See Verse.]
1. To turn over; to put upside down; to upset; to place in a
contrary order or direction; to reverse; as, to invert a
cup, the order of words, rules of justice, etc.
That doth invert the attest of eyes and ears,
As if these organs had deceptious functions. --Shak.
Such reasoning falls like an inverted cone,
Wanting its proper base to stand upon. --Cowper.
2. (Mus.) To change the position of; -- said of tones which
form a chord, or parts which compose harmony.
3. To divert; to convert to a wrong use. [Obs.] --Knolles.
4. (Chem.) To convert; to reverse; to decompose by, or
subject to, inversion. See Inversion, n., 10.
Inverted \In*vert"ed\, a.
1. Changed to a contrary or counterchanged order; reversed;
characterized by inversion.
2. (Geol.) Situated apparently in reverse order, as strata
when folded back upon themselves by upheaval.
Inverted arch (Arch.), an arch placed with crown downward;
-- much used in foundations.