Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: immovable(0.01895 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to immovable.
English → Indonesian (quick)
terganjak, tidak bergerak
English → English (WordNet)
adj : not able or intended to be moved; “the immovable hills”
[syn: immoveable, stabile, unmovable]
English → English (gcide)
Immovable \Im*mov"a*ble\, a.
1. Incapable of being moved; firmly fixed; fast; -- used of
material things; as, an immovable foundation.
Immovable, infixed, and frozen round. --Milton.
2. Steadfast; fixed; unalterable; unchangeable; -- used of
the mind or will; as, an immovable purpose, or a man who
3. Not capable of being affected or moved in feeling or by
sympathy; unimpressible; impassive. --Dryden.
4. (Law.) Not liable to be removed; permanent in place or
tenure; fixed; as, an immovable estate. See Immovable,
Immovable apparatus (Med.), an appliance, like the plaster
of paris bandage, which keeps fractured parts firmly in
Immovable feasts (Eccl.), feasts which occur on a certain
day of the year and do not depend on the date of Easter;
as, Christmas, the Epiphany, etc.
Immovable \Im*mov"a*ble\, n.
1. That which can not be moved.
2. pl. (Civil Law) Lands and things adherent thereto by
nature, as trees; by the hand of man, as buildings and
their accessories; by their destination, as seeds, plants,
manure, etc.; or by the objects to which they are applied,
as servitudes. --Ayliffe. --Bouvier.