Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: hoary(0.01054 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to hoary.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or
white hair; “whose beard with age is hoar”-Coleridge;
“nodded his hoary head” [syn: gray, grey, gray-haired,
grey-haired, gray-headed, grey-headed, grizzly,
2: ancient; “hoary jokes” [syn: rusty]
3: covered with fine whitish hairs or down [syn: canescent]
[also: hoariest, hoarier]
English → English (gcide)
Hoary \Hoar"y\, a.
1. White or whitish. “The hoary willows.” --Addison.
2. White or gray with age; hoar; as, hoary hairs.
Reverence the hoary head. --Dr. T.
3. Hence, remote in time past; as, hoary antiquity.
4. Moldy; mossy; musty. [Obs.] --Knolles.
5. (Zo["o]l.) Of a pale silvery gray.
6. (Bot.) Covered with short, dense, grayish white hairs;
Hoary bat (Zo["o]l.), an American bat (Atalapha cinerea),
having the hair yellowish, or brown, tipped with white.