Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: grounding(0.02389 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to grounding.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
alasan, arde, membumikan, tanah
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: education or instruction in the fundamentals of a field of
knowledge; “he lacks the foundation necessary for
advanced study”; “a good grounding in mathematics” [syn:
2: fastening electrical equipment to earth [syn: earthing]
English → English (gcide)
ground \ground\ (ground), v. t. [imp. & p. p. grounded; p. pr.
& vb. n. grounding.]
1. To lay, set, or run, on the ground.
2. To found; to fix or set, as on a foundation, reason, or
principle; to furnish a ground for; to fix firmly.
Being rooted and grounded in love. --Eph. iii.
So far from warranting any inference to the
existence of a God, would, on the contrary, ground
even an argument to his negation. --Sir W.
3. To instruct in elements or first principles.
4. (Elec.) To connect with the ground so as to make the earth
a part of an electrical circuit.
5. (Fine Arts) To cover with a ground, as a copper plate for
etching (see Ground, n., 5); or as paper or other
materials with a uniform tint as a preparation for
6. To forbid (a pilot) to fly an airplane; -- usually as a
disciplinary measure, or for reasons of ill health
sufficient to interfere with performance.
7. To forbid (aircraft) to fly; -- usually due to the unsafe
condition of the aircraft or lack of conformity to safety
regulations; as, the discovery of a crack in the wing of a
Trijet caused the whole fleeet to be grounded for
8. To temporarily restrict the activities of (a child),
especially social activity outside the house; -- usually
for bad or unsatisfactory conduct; as, Johnny was grounded
for fighting at school and can't go to the movies for two