Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: gritstone(0.01062 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to gritstone.
English → English (WordNet)
n : a hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone [syn: grit, gritrock]
English → English (gcide)
Grit \Grit\, n. [OE, greet, greot, sand, gravel, AS. gre['o]t
grit, sant, dust; akin to OS griott, OFries. gret gravel,
OHG. grioz, G. griess, Icel. grj[=o]t, and to E. groats,
grout. See Groats, Grout, and cf. Grail gravel.]
1. Sand or gravel; rough, hard particles.
2. The coarse part of meal.
3. pl. Grain, esp. oats or wheat, hulled and coarsely ground;
in high milling, fragments of cracked wheat smaller than
4. (Geol.) A hard, coarse-grained siliceous sandstone; as,
millstone grit; -- called also gritrock and gritstone.
The name is also applied to a finer sharp-grained
sandstone; as, grindstone grit.
5. Structure, as adapted to grind or sharpen; as, a hone of
6. Firmness of mind; invincible spirit; unyielding courage;
fortitude. --C. Reade. --E. P. Whipple.