Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: gilding(0.01157 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to gilding.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a coating of gold or of something that looks like gold [syn:
English → English (gcide)
Gild \Gild\ (g[i^]ld), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gilded or Gilt
(?); p. pr. & vb. n. Gilding.] [AS. gyldan, from gold gold.
[root]234. See Gold.]
1. To overlay with a thin covering of gold; to cover with a
golden color; to cause to look like gold. “Gilded
No more the rising sun shall gild the morn. --Pope.
2. To make attractive; to adorn; to brighten.
Let oft good humor, mild and gay,
Gild the calm evening of your day. --Trumbull.
3. To give a fair but deceptive outward appearance to; to
embellish; as, to gild a lie. --Shak.
4. To make red with drinking. [Obs.]
This grand liquior that hath gilded them. --Shak.
Gilding \Gild"ing\ (g[i^]ld"[i^]ng), n.
1. The art or practice of overlaying or covering with gold
leaf; also, a thin coating or wash of gold, or of that
which resembles gold.
2. Gold in leaf, powder, or liquid, for application to any
3. Any superficial coating or appearance, as opposed to what
is solid and genuine.
Gilding metal, a tough kind of sheet brass from which
cartridge shells are made.