Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: furniture stop(0.01061 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to furniture stop.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: furniture stop
Mixture \Mix"ture\, n. [L. mixtura, fr. miscere, mixtum, to mix:
cf. F. mixture. See Mix.]
1. The act of mixing, or the state of being mixed; as, made
by a mixture of ingredients. --Hooker.
2. That which results from mixing different ingredients
together; a compound; as, to drink a mixture of molasses
and water; -- also, a medley.
There is also a mixture of good and evil wisely
distributed by God, to serve the ends of his
3. An ingredient entering into a mixed mass; an additional
Cicero doubts whether it were possible for a
community to exist that had not a prevailing mixture
of piety in its constitution. --Addison.
4. (Med.) A kind of liquid medicine made up of many
ingredients; esp., as opposed to solution, a liquid
preparation in which the solid ingredients are not
5. (Physics & Chem.) A mass of two or more ingredients, the
particles of which are separable, independent, and
uncompounded with each other, no matter how thoroughly and
finely commingled; -- contrasted with a compound and
solution; thus, gunpowder is a mechanical mixture of
carbon, sulphur, and niter.
6. (Mus.) An organ stop, comprising from two to five ranges
of pipes, used only in combination with the foundation and
compound stops; -- called also furniture stop. It
consists of high harmonics, or overtones, of the ground
Syn: Union; admixture; intermixture; medley.