Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: foliated(0.01065 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to foliated.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: ornamented with foliage or foils; “foliate tracery”; “a
foliated capital” [syn: foliate]
2: (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers
or strata [syn: foliate, foliaceous]
English → English (gcide)
Foliate \Fo"li*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Foliated; p. pr. &
vb. n. Foliating.]
1. To beat into a leaf, or thin plate. --Bacon.
2. To spread over with a thin coat of tin and quicksilver;
as, to foliate a looking-glass.
Foliated \Fo"li*a`ted\, a.
1. Having leaves, or leaflike projections; as, a foliated
2. (Arch.) Containing, or consisting of, foils; as, a
3. (Min.) Characterized by being separable into thin plates
or folia; as, graphite has a foliated structure.
4. (Geol.) Laminated, but restricted to the variety of
laminated structure found in crystalline schist, as mica
schist, etc.; schistose.
5. Spread over with an amalgam of tin and quicksilver.
Foliated telluium. (Min.) See Nagyagite.