Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: fluke(0.01154 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to fluke.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a stroke of luck [syn: good luck, good fortune]
2: a barb on a harpoon or arrow
3: flat blade-like projection on the arm of an anchor [syn: flue]
4: either of the two lobes of the tail of a cetacean
5: parasitic flatworms having external suckers for attaching to
a host [syn: trematode, trematode worm]
English → English (gcide)
Fluke \Fluke\ (fl[=u]k or fl[=oo]k), n. [Cf. AS. fl[=o]c a kind
of flatfish, Icel. fl[=o]ki a kind of halibut.]
1. (Zo["o]l.) The European flounder. See Flounder. [Written
also fleuk, flook, and flowk.]
2. (Zo["o]l.) Any American flounder of the genus
Paralichthys, especially Paralicthys dentatus, found
in the Atlantic Ocean and in adjacent bays. --RHUD
3. (Zo["o]l.) A parasitic trematode worm of several species,
having a flat, lanceolate body and two suckers. Two
species (Fasciola hepatica and Distoma lanceolatum)
are found in the livers of sheep, and produce the disease
Fluke \Fluke\ (fl[=u]k), n. [Cf. LG. flunk, flunka wing, the
palm of an anchor; perh. akin to E. fly.]
1. The part of an anchor which fastens in the ground; a
flook. See Anchor.
2. (Zo["o]l.) One of the lobes of a whale's tail, so called
from the resemblance to the fluke of an anchor.
3. An instrument for cleaning out a hole drilled in stone for
4. An accidental and favorable stroke at billiards (called a
scratch in the United States); hence, any accidental or
unexpected advantage; as, he won by a fluke. [Cant, Eng.]
Fluke \Fluke\, v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Fluked; p. pr. & vb.
To get or score by a fluke; as, to fluke a play in billiards.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]