Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: flaring(0.00836 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to flaring.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: having a gradual increase in width; “flared nostrils”; “a
skirt flaring from the waist” [syn: flared]
2: streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current
of air; “ran quickly, her flaring coat behind her”;
“flying banners”; “flags waving in the breeze” [syn: aflare,
English → English (gcide)
Flaring \Flar"ing\, a.
1. That flares; flaming or blazing unsteadily; shining out
with a dazzling light.
His [the sun's] flaring beams. --Milton.
2. Opening or speading outwards.
Flare \Flare\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Flared; p. pr. & vb. n.
Flaring.] [Cf. Norw. flara to blaze, flame, adorn with
tinsel, dial. Sw. flasa upp, and E. flash, or flacker.]
1. To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle
2. To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a
dazzling or painfully bright light.
3. To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be
offensively bright or showy.
With ribbons pendant, flaring about her head.
4. To be exposed to too much light. [Obs.]
Flaring in sunshine all the day. --Prior.
5. To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the
perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of
a ship flare.
To flare up, to become suddenly heated or excited; to burst
into a passion. [Colloq.] --Thackeray.