Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: fixing(0.01743 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to fixing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of putting something in working order again [syn: repair,
fix, fixture, mend, mending, reparation]
2: restraint that attaches to something or holds something in
place [syn: fastener, fastening, holdfast]
3: the sterilization of an animal; “they took him to the vet
for neutering” [syn: neutering, altering]
4: (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue
sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations
they had in the living body [syn: fixation]
English → English (gcide)
Fix \Fix\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fixed (f[i^]kst); p. pr. & vb.
n. Fixing.] [Cf. F. fixer.]
1. To make firm, stable, or fast; to set or place
permanently; to fasten immovably; to establish; to
implant; to secure; to make definite.
An ass's nole I fixed on his head. --Shak.
O, fix thy chair of grace, that all my powers
May also fix their reverence. --Herbert.
His heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. --Ps.
And fix far deeper in his head their stings.
2. To hold steadily; to direct unwaveringly; to fasten, as
the eye on an object, the attention on a speaker.
Sat fixed in thought the mighty Stagirite. --Pope.
One eye on death, and one full fix'd on heaven.
3. To transfix; to pierce. [Obs.] --Sandys.
4. (Photog.) To render (an impression) permanent by treating
with a developer to make it insensible to the action of
5. To put in order; to arrange; to dispose of; to adjust; to
set to rights; to set or place in the manner desired or
most suitable; hence, to repair; as, to fix the clothes;
to fix the furniture of a room. [Colloq. U.S.]
6. (Iron Manuf.) To line the hearth of (a puddling furnace)
Syn: To arrange; prepare; adjust; place; establish; settle;
Fixing \Fix"ing\ (f[i^]ks"[i^]ng), n.
1. The act or process of making fixed.
2. That which is fixed; a fixture.
3. pl. Arrangements; embellishments; trimmings;
accompaniments. [Colloq. U.S.]