Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: fired(0.01627 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to fired.
English → Indonesian (quick)
api, bara, gejolak, kebakaran, membedil, memburakan, memecat, menembak
English → English (WordNet)
adj : having lost your job [syn: discharged, dismissed, laid-off,
English → English (gcide)
Fire \Fire\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fired; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To set on fire; to kindle; as, to fire a house or chimney;
to fire a pile.
2. To subject to intense heat; to bake; to burn in a kiln;
as, to fire pottery.
3. To inflame; to irritate, as the passions; as, to fire the
soul with anger, pride, or revenge.
Love had fired my mind. --Dryden.
4. To animate; to give life or spirit to; as, to fire the
genius of a young man.
5. To feed or serve the fire of; as, to fire a boiler.
6. To light up as if by fire; to illuminate.
[The sun] fires the proud tops of the eastern pines.
7. To cause to explode; as, to fire a torpedo; to disharge;
as, to fire a rifle, pistol, or cannon; to fire cannon
balls, rockets, etc.
8. To drive by fire. [Obs.]
Till my bad angel fire my good one out. --Shak.
9. (Far.) To cauterize.
10. to dismiss from employment, a post, or other job; to
cause (a person) to cease being an employee; -- of a
person. The act of firing is usually performed by that
person's supervisor or employer. “You can't fire me! I
To fire up,
1. to light up the fires of, as of an engine; also,
figuratively, to start up any machine.
2. to render enthusiastic; -- of people.
[1913 Webster +PJC]