Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: fencing(0.01129 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to fencing.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a barrier that serves to enclose an area [syn: fence]
2: material for building fences [syn: fencing material]
3: the art or sport of fighting with swords (especially the use
of foils or epees or sabres to score points under a set of
English → English (gcide)
Fencing \Fen"cing\, n.
1. The art or practice of attack and defense with the sword,
esp. with the smallsword. See Fence, v. i., 2.
2. Disputing or debating in a manner resembling the art of
3. The materials used for building fences. [U.S.]
4. The act of building a fence.
5. The aggregate of the fences put up for inclosure or
protection; as, the fencing of a farm.
Fence \Fence\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fenced (f[e^]nst); p. pr. &
vb. n. Fencing (f[e^]n"s[i^]ng).]
1. To fend off danger from; to give security to; to protect;
To fence my ear against thy sorceries. --Milton.
2. To inclose with a fence or other protection; to secure by
O thou wall! . . . dive in the earth,
And fence not Athens. --Shak.
A sheepcote fenced about with olive trees. --Shak.
To fence the tables (Scot. Church), to make a solemn
address to those who present themselves to commune at the
Lord's supper, on the feelings appropriate to the service,
in order to hinder, so far as possible, those who are
unworthy from approaching the table. --McCheyne.