Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: feathered (0.01273 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to feathered.
English → Indonesian
English → English
adj 1: adorned with feathers or plumes [syn: feathery
2: having or covered with feathers or plumage; “our feathered
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Feathered
; p. pr. &
vb. n. Feathering.
1. To furnish with a feather or feathers, as an arrow or a
An eagle had the ill hap to be struck with an arrow
feathered from her own wing. --L'Estrange.
2. To adorn, as with feathers; to fringe.
A few birches and oaks still feathered the narrow
ravines. --Sir W.
3. To render light as a feather; to give wings to.[R.]
The Polonian story perhaps may feather some tedious
4. To enrich; to exalt; to benefit.
They stuck not to say that the king cared not to
plume his nobility and people to feather himself.
5. To tread, as a cock. --Dryden.
To feather one's nest
, to provide for one's self especially
from property belonging to another, confided to one's
care; -- an expression taken from the practice of birds
which collect feathers for the lining of their nests.
To feather an oar
(Naut), to turn it when it leaves the
water so that the blade will be horizontal and offer the
least resistance to air while reaching for another stroke.
To tar and feather a person
, to smear him with tar and
cover him with feathers, as a punishment or an indignity.
1. Clothed, covered, or fitted with (or as with) feathers or
wings; as, a feathered animal; a feathered arrow.
Rise from the ground like feathered Mercury. --Shak.
Nonsense feathered with soft and delicate phrases
and pointed with pathetic accent. --Dr. J.
2. Furnished with anything featherlike; ornamented; fringed;
as, land feathered with trees.
3. (Zo["o]l.) Having a fringe of feathers, as the legs of
certian birds; or of hairs, as the legs of a setter dog.
4. (Her.) Having feathers; -- said of an arrow, when the
feathers are of a tincture different from that of the