Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: exalting(0.01336 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to exalting.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : tending to exalt; “an exalting eulogy”; “ennobling thoughts”
English → English (gcide)
Exalt \Ex*alt"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Exalted; p. pr. & vb. n.
Exalting.] [L. exaltare; ex out (intens.) + altare to make
high, altus high: cf.F. exalter. See Altitude.]
1. To raise high; to elevate; to lift up.
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. --Is.
Exalt thy towery head, and lift thine eyes --Pope.
2. To elevate in rank, dignity, power, wealth, character, or
the like; to dignify; to promote; as, to exalt a prince to
the throne, a citizen to the presidency.
Righteousness exalteth a nation. --Prov. xiv.
He that humbleth himself shall be exalted. --Luke
3. To elevate by prise or estimation; to magnify; to extol;
to glorify. “Exalt ye the Lord.” --Ps. xcix. 5.
In his own grace he doth exalt himself. --Shak.
4. To lift up with joy, pride, or success; to inspire with
delight or satisfaction; to elate.
They who thought they got whatsoever he lost were
mightily exalted. --Dryden.
5. To elevate the tone of, as of the voice or a musical
instrument. --Is. xxxvii. 23.
Now Mars, she said, let Fame exalt her voice.
6. (Alchem.) To render pure or refined; to intensify or
concentrate; as, to exalt the juices of bodies.
With chemic art exalts the mineral powers. --Pope.