Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: dummy(0.01080 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to dummy.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to
function; “a dummy corporation”
n 1: a person who does not talk [syn: silent person]
2: an ignorant or foolish person [syn: dumbbell, dope, boob,
3: a figure representing the human form
4: a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
[syn: blank, blank shell]
v : make a dummy of; “dummy up the books that are to be
published” [syn: dummy up]
English → English (gcide)
Dummy \Dum"my\, a. [See Dumb.]
1. Silent; mute; noiseless; as a dummy engine.
2. Fictitious or sham; feigned; as, a dummy watch.
Dummy car. See under Car.
Dummy \Dum"my\, n.; pl. Dummies.
1. One who is dumb. --H. Smith.
2. A sham package in a shop, or one which does not contain
what its exterior indicates.
3. An imitation or copy of something, to be used as a
substitute; a model; a lay figure; as, a figure on which
clothing is exhibited in shop windows; a blank paper copy
used to show the size of the future book, etc.
4. (Drama) One who plays a merely nominal part in any action;
a sham character.
5. A thick-witted person; a dolt. [Colloq.]
6. (Railroad) A locomotive with condensing engines, and,
hence, without the noise of escaping steam; also, a dummy
7. (Card Playing) The fourth or exposed hand when three
persons play at a four-handed game of cards.
8. A floating barge connected with a pier. --Knight.
To play dummy, to play the exposed or dummy hand in cards.
The partner of the dummy plays it.