Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: draglink (0.01078 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to draglink.
English → English
, n. [Generally used in the plural.] [OE.
schakkyll, schakle, AS. scacul, sceacul, a shackle, fr.
scacan to shake; cf. D. schakel a link of a chain, a mesh,
Icel. sk["o]kull the pole of a cart. See Shake
1. Something which confines the legs or arms so as to prevent
their free motion; specifically, a ring or band inclosing
the ankle or wrist, and fastened to a similar shackle on
the other leg or arm, or to something else, by a chain or
a strap; a gyve; a fetter.
His shackles empty left; himself escaped clean.
2. Hence, that which checks or prevents free action.
His very will seems to be in bonds and shackles.
3. A fetterlike band worn as an ornament.
Most of the men and women . . . had all earrings
made of gold, and gold shackles about their legs and
4. A link or loop, as in a chain, fitted with a movable bolt,
so that the parts can be separated, or the loop removed; a
5. A link for connecting railroad cars; -- called also
6. The hinged and curved bar of a padlock, by which it is
hung to the staple. --Knight.
(Anat.), a joint formed by a bony ring
passing through a hole in a bone, as at the bases of
spines in some fishes.
Same as Drawbar
(b) . Called also draglink
, and drawlink
. [U. S.]