Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: dome(0.01087 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to dome.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a concave shape whose distinguishing characteristic is that
the concavity faces downward
2: informal terms for a human head [syn: attic, bean, bonce,
3: a stadium that has a roof [syn: domed stadium, covered stadium
4: a hemispherical roof
English → English (gcide)
Cupola \Cu"po*la\ (k?"p?-l?), n.; pl. Cupolas (-l?z). [It.
cupola, LL. cupula, cuppula (cf. L. cupula little tub). fr.
cupa, cuppa, cup; cf. L. cupa tub. So called on account of
its resemblance to a cup turned over. See Cup, and cf.
1. (Arch.) A roof having a rounded form, hemispherical or
nearly so; also, a ceiling having the same form. When on a
large scale it is usually called dome.
2. A small structure standing on the top of a dome; a
3. A furnace for melting iron or other metals in large
quantity, -- used chiefly in foundries and steel works.
4. A revolving shot-proof turret for heavy ordnance.
5. (Anat.) The top of the spire of the cochlea of the ear.