Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: distraction(0.01360 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to distraction.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: mental turmoil; “he drives me to distraction”
2: an obstacle to attention
3: an entertainment that provokes pleased interest and
distracts you from worries and vexations [syn: beguilement]
4: the act of distracting; drawing someone's attention away
from something; “conjurers are experts at misdirection”
English → English (gcide)
Distraction \Dis*trac"tion\, n. [L. distractio: cf. F.
1. The act of distracting; a drawing apart; separation.
To create distractions among us. --Bp. Burnet.
2. That which diverts attention; a diversion. “Domestic
distractions.” --G. Eliot.
3. A diversity of direction; detachment. [Obs.]
His power went out in such distractions as
Beguiled all species. --Shak.
4. State in which the attention is called in different ways;
That ye may attend upon the Lord without
distraction. --1 Cor. vii.
5. Confusion of affairs; tumult; disorder; as, political
Never was known a night of such distraction.
6. Agitation from violent emotions; perturbation of mind;
The distraction of the children, who saw both their
parents together, would have melted the hardest
7. Derangement of the mind; madness. --Atterbury.
Syn: Perplexity; confusion; disturbance; disorder;
dissension; tumult; derangement; madness; raving;