Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: dissolution(0.01239 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to dissolution.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the process of going into solution; “the dissolving of salt
in water” [syn: dissolving]
2: separation into component parts [syn: disintegration]
3: dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure [syn: profligacy,
4: the termination of a meeting [syn: adjournment]
5: the termination of a relationship [syn: breakup]
English → English (gcide)
Dissolution \Dis`so*lu"tion\, n. [OE. dissolucioun
dissoluteness, F. dissolution, fr. L. dissolutio, fr.
dissolvere. See Dissolve.]
1. The act of dissolving, sundering, or separating into
component parts; separation.
Dissolutions of ancient amities. --Shak.
2. Change from a solid to a fluid state; solution by heat or
moisture; liquefaction; melting.
3. Change of form by chemical agency; decomposition;
The dissolution of the compound. --South.
4. The dispersion of an assembly by terminating its sessions;
the breaking up of a partnership.
Dissolution is the civil death of Parliament.
5. The extinction of life in the human body; separation of
the soul from the body; death.
Immediate dissolution. --Milton.
6. The state of being dissolved, or of undergoing
A man of continual dissolution and thaw. --Shak.
7. The new product formed by dissolving a body; a solution.
8. Destruction of anything by the separation of its parts;
To make a present dissolution of the world.
9. Corruption of morals; dissipation; dissoluteness. [Obs. or