Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: determination (0.01069 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to determination.
English → Indonesian
kebulatan, ketetapan hati, penentuan
English → English
n 1: the act of determining the properties of something [syn: finding
2: the quality of being determined to do or achieve something;
“his determination showed in his every movement”
; “he is a
man of purpose”
3: a position or opinion or judgment reached after
consideration; “a decision unfavorable to the opposition”
“his conclusion took the evidence into account”
“satisfied with the panel's determination”
4: the act of making up your mind about something; “the burden
of decision was his”
; “he drew his conclusions quickly”
English → English
, n. [L. determinatio boundary,
end: cf. F. d['e]termination.]
1. The act of determining, or the state of being determined.
2. Bringing to an end; termination; limit.
A speedy determination of that war. --Ludlow.
3. Direction or tendency to a certain end; impulsion.
Remissness can by no means consist with a constant
determination of the will . . . to the greatest
apparent good. --Locke.
4. The quality of mind which reaches definite conclusions;
decision of character; resoluteness.
He only is a well-made man who has a good
5. The state of decision; a judicial decision, or ending of
6. That which is determined upon; result of deliberation;
purpose; conclusion formed; fixed resolution.
So bloodthirsty a determination to obtain
7. (Med.) A flow, rush, or tendency to a particular part; as,
a determination of blood to the head.
8. (Physical Sciences) The act, process, or result of any
accurate measurement, as of length, volume, weight,
intensity, etc.; as, the determination of the ohm or of
the wave length of light; the determination of the salt in
sea water, or the oxygen in the air.
(a) The act of defining a concept or notion by giving its
(b) The addition of a differentia to a concept or notion,
thus limiting its extent; -- the opposite of
10. (Nat. Hist.) The act of determining the relations of an
object, as regards genus and species; the referring of
minerals, plants, or animals, to the species to which
they belong; classification; as, I am indebted to a
friend for the determination of most of these shells.
Syn: Decision; conclusion; judgment; purpose; resolution;
resolve; firmness. See Decision