Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: depressing(0.01130 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to depressing.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: causing dejection; “a blue day”; “the dark days of the war”;
“a week of rainy depressing weather”; “a disconsolate
winter landscape”; “the first dismal dispiriting days
of November”; “a dark gloomy day”; “grim rainy
weather” [syn: blue, dark, disconsolate, dismal,
dispiriting, gloomy, grim]
2: causing or suggestive of sorrow or gloom; “a gloomy
outlook”; “gloomy news” [syn: depressive, gloomy, saddening]
English → English (gcide)
Depress \De*press"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Depressed; p. pr. &
vb. n. Depressing.] [L. depressus, p. p. of deprimere; de-
+ premere to press. See Press.]
1. To press down; to cause to sink; to let fall; to lower;
as, to depress the muzzle of a gun; to depress the eyes.
“With lips depressed.” --Tennyson.
2. To bring down or humble; to abase, as pride.
3. To cast a gloom upon; to sadden; as, his spirits were
4. To lessen the activity of; to make dull; embarrass, as
trade, commerce, etc.
5. To lessen in price; to cause to decline in value; to
cheapen; to depreciate.
6. (Math.) To reduce (an equation) in a lower degree.
To depress the pole (Naut.), to cause the sidereal pole to
appear lower or nearer the horizon, as by sailing toward
Syn: To sink; lower; abase; cast down; deject; humble;
degrade; dispirit; discourage.