Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: depressed (0.00802 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to depressed.
English → Indonesian
bergundah, gundah, muram
English → English
adj 1: lower than previously; “the market is depressed”
2: flattened downward as if pressed from above or flattened
along the dorsal and ventral surfaces
3: low in spirits; “lonely and blue in a strange city”
“depressed by the loss of his job”
; “a dispirited and
resigned expression on her face”
; “downcast after his
; “feeling discouraged and downhearted”
, down in the mouth
4: having the central portion lower than the margin; “a
English → English
1. Pressed or forced down; lowed; sunk; dejected; dispirited;
(a) Concave on the upper side; -- said of a leaf whose
disk is lower than the border.
(b) Lying flat; -- said of a stem or leaf which lies close
to the ground.
3. (Zo["o]l.) Having the vertical diameter shorter than the
horizontal or transverse; -- said of the bodies of
animals, or of parts of the bodies.
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Depressed
; p. pr. &
vb. n. Depressing
.] [L. depressus, p. p. of deprimere; de-
+ premere to press. See Press
1. To press down; to cause to sink; to let fall; to lower;
as, to depress the muzzle of a gun; to depress the eyes.
“With lips depressed.”
2. To bring down or humble; to abase, as pride.
3. To cast a gloom upon; to sadden; as, his spirits were
4. To lessen the activity of; to make dull; embarrass, as
trade, commerce, etc.
5. To lessen in price; to cause to decline in value; to
cheapen; to depreciate.
6. (Math.) To reduce (an equation) in a lower degree.
To depress the pole
(Naut.), to cause the sidereal pole to
appear lower or nearer the horizon, as by sailing toward
Syn: To sink; lower; abase; cast down; deject; humble;
degrade; dispirit; discourage.