Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: dependence (0.01066 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to dependence.
English → Indonesian
English → English
n 1: lack of independence or self-sufficiency [syn: dependance
2: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that
is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially
alcohol or narcotic drugs) [syn: addiction
English → English
, n. [LL. dependentia, fr. L.
dependens. See Dependent
, and cf. Dependance
1. The act or state of depending; state of being dependent; a
hanging down or from; suspension from a support.
2. The state of being influenced and determined by something;
subjection (as of an effect to its cause).
The cause of effects, and the dependence of one
thing upon another. --Bp. Burnet.
3. Mutual connection and support; concatenation; systematic
So dark and so intricate of purpose, without any
dependence or order. --Sir T. More.
4. Subjection to the direction or disposal of another;
inability to help or provide for one's self; a lack of
independence or self-sufficiency.
Syn: dependance, dependency.
[1913 Webster + WordNet 1.5]
Reduced to a servile dependence on their mercy.
5. A resting with confidence; reliance; trust.
Affectionate dependence on the Creator is the
spiritual life of the soul. --T. Erskine.
6. That on which one depends or relies; as, he was her sole
7. That which depends; anything dependent or suspended;
anything attached a subordinate to, or contingent on,
Like a large cluster of black grapes they show
And make a large dependence from the bough.
8. A matter depending, or in suspense, and still to be
determined; ground of controversy or quarrel. [Obs.]
To go on now with my first dependence. --Beau. & Fl.