Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: demoniac(0.01372 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to demoniac.
English → Indonesian (quick)
kejam, orang yang kesurupan
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon; “the
soldier was completely amuck”; “berserk with grief”;
“a berserk worker smashing windows” [syn: amuck, amok,
berserk, demoniacal, possessed(p)]
2: resembling or suggesting possession by a demon; “demoniac
energy”; “a demoniacal fit” [syn: demoniacal]
n : someone who acts as if possessed by a demon
English → English (gcide)
Demoniac \De*mo"ni*ac\, n.
1. A human being possessed by a demon or evil spirit; one
whose faculties are directly controlled by a demon.
The demoniac in the gospel was sometimes cast into
the fire. --Bates.
2. (Eccl. Hist.) One of a sect of Anabaptists who maintain
that the demons or devils will finally be saved.
Demoniac \De*mo"ni*ac\, Demoniacal \Dem`o*ni"a*cal\ (?; 277), a.
[L. daemoniacus, fr. daemon; cf. F. d['e]moniaque. See
1. Pertaining to, or characteristic of, a demon or evil
spirit; devilish; as, a demoniac being; demoniacal
Sarcastic, demoniacal laughter. --Thackeray.
2. Influenced or produced by a demon or evil spirit; as,
demoniac or demoniacal power. “Demoniac frenzy.”
3. resembling or suggesting possession by a demon; as,
4. in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
Syn: amuck, amok, berserk, demoniac, possessed(predicate).