Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: deliverance(0.00894 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to deliverance.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : recovery or preservation from loss or danger; “work is the
deliverance of mankind”; “a surgeon's job is the saving
of lives” [syn: rescue, delivery, saving]
English → English (gcide)
Deliverance \De*liv"er*ance\, n. [F. d['e]livrance, fr.
1. The act of delivering or freeing from restraint,
captivity, peril, and the like; rescue; as, the
deliverance of a captive.
He hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to
preach deliverance to the captives. --Luke iv. 18.
One death or one deliverance we will share.
2. Act of bringing forth children. [Archaic] --Shak.
3. Act of speaking; utterance. [Archaic] --Shak.
Note: In this and in the preceding sense delivery is the word
more commonly used.
4. The state of being delivered, or freed from restraint.
I do desire deliverance from these officers. --Shak.
5. Anything delivered or communicated; esp., an opinion or
decision expressed publicly. [Scot.]
6. (Metaph.) Any fact or truth which is decisively attested
or intuitively known as a psychological or philosophical
datum; as, the deliverance of consciousness.