Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: deadened(0.01098 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to deadened.
English → Indonesian (quick)
menghilangkan, mengurangi, meredamkan
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: devoid of physical sensation; numb; “his gums were dead from
the novocain”; “she felt no discomfort as the dentist
drilled her deadened tooth”; “a public desensitized by
continuous television coverage of atrocities” [syn: dead]
2: made or become less intense; “the deadened pangs of hunger” English → English (gcide)
Deaden \Dead"en\ (d[e^]d"'n), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Deadened
(d[e^]d"'nd); p. pr. & vb. n. Deadening.] [From Dead; cf.
AS. d?dan to kill, put to death. See Dead, a.]
1. To make as dead; to impair in vigor, force, activity, or
sensation; to lessen the force or acuteness of; to blunt;
as, to deaden the natural powers or feelings; to deaden a
As harper lays his open palm
Upon his harp, to deaden its vibrations.
2. To lessen the velocity or momentum of; to retard; as, to
deaden a ship's headway.
3. To make vapid or spiritless; as, to deaden wine.
4. To deprive of gloss or brilliancy; to obscure; as, to
deaden gilding by a coat of size.
5. To render impervious to sound, as a wall or floor; to
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]