Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: croon(0.01198 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to croon.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v : sing softly
English → English (gcide)
Croon \Croon\ (kr[=oo]n), v. i. [OE. croinen, cf. D. kreunen to
1. To make a continuous hollow moan, as cattle do when in
pain. [Scot.] --Jamieson.
2. To hum or sing in a low tone; to murmur softly.
Here an old grandmother was crooning over a sick
child, and rocking it to and fro. --Dickens.
3. To sing in a soft, evenly modulated manner adapted to
amplifying systems, especially to sing in such a way with
exaggerated sentimentality. --MW10 --RHUD
Croon \Croon\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Crooned (kr[=oo]nd); p. pr.
& vb. n. Crooning.]
1. To sing in a low tone, as if to one's self; to hum.
Hearing such stanzas crooned in her praise. --C.
2. To soothe by singing softly.
The fragment of the childish hymn with which he sung
and crooned himself asleep. --Dickens.
Croon \Croon\, n.
1. A low, continued moan; a murmur.
2. A low singing; a plain, artless melody.