Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: creeptree(0.01429 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to creeptree.
English → English (gcide)
Creeper \Creep"er\ (kr[=e]p"[~e]r), n.
1. One who, or that which, creeps; any creeping thing.
Standing waters are most unwholesome, . . . full of
mites, creepers; slimy, muddy, unclean. --Burton.
2. (Bot.) A plant that clings by rootlets, or by tendrils, to
the ground, or to trees, etc.; as, the Virginia creeper
3. (Zo["o]l.) A small bird of the genus Certhia, allied to
the wrens. The brown or common European creeper is
Certhia familiaris, a variety of which (var. Americana)
inhabits America; -- called also tree creeper and
creeptree. The American black and white creeper is
4. A kind of patten mounted on short pieces of iron instead
of rings; also, a fixture with iron points worn on a shoe
to prevent one from slipping.
5. pl. A spurlike device strapped to the boot, which enables
one to climb a tree or pole; -- called often telegraph creepers
6. A small, low iron, or dog, between the andirons.
7. pl. An instrument with iron hooks or claws for dragging at
the bottom of a well, or any other body of water, and
bringing up what may lie there.
8. Any device for causing material to move steadily from one
part of a machine to another, as an apron in a carding
machine, or an inner spiral in a grain screen.
9. pl. (Arch.) Crockets. See Crocket.