Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: cowling(0.01095 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to cowling.
English → English (WordNet)
n : protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers
the engine; “there are powerful engines under the hoods
of new cars”; “the mechanic removed the cowling in order
to repair the plane's engine” [syn: hood, bonnet, cowl]
English → English (gcide)
Cowl \Cowl\ (koul), n. [AS. cuhle, cugle, cugele; cf. dial. G.
kogel, gugel, OF. coule, goule; all fr. LL. cuculla,
cucullus, fr. L. cucullus cap, hood; perh. akin to celare to
conceal, cella cell. Cf. Cucullate.]
1. A monk's hood; -- usually attached to the gown. The name
was also applied to the hood and garment together.
What differ more, you cry, than crown and cowl?
2. A cowl-shaped cap, commonly turning with the wind, used to
improve the draft of a chimney, ventilating shaft, etc.
3. A wire cap for the smokestack of a locomotive.
4. (aviation) a removable metal covering for an aircraft
engine, providing streamlining to minimize wind
resistance; -- also called cowling.
5. a covering for a chimney or other ventilating shaft
functioning to increase the draft.