Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: corinthian(0.01092 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to corinthian.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: most ornate of the three orders of classical Greek
architecture [ant: doric, ionic]
2: of or relating to or characteristic of Corinth or its
n 1: a man devoted to the pursuit of pleasure [syn: playboy, man-about-town]
2: a resident of Corinth
English → English (gcide)
Corinthian \Co*rin"thi*an\ (-an), a.
1. Of or relating to Corinth.
2. (Arch.) Of or pertaining to the Corinthian order of
architecture, invented by the Greeks, but more commonly
used by the Romans.
This is the lightest and most ornamental of the
three orders used by the Greeks. --Parker.
3. Debauched in character or practice; impure. --Milton.
4. Of or pertaining to an amateur sailor or yachtsman; as, a
corinthian race (one in which the contesting yachts must
be manned by amateurs.)
Corinthian \Co*rin"thi*an\, n.
1. A native or inhabitant of Corinth.
2. A gay, licentious person. [Obs.]
3. A man of fashion given to pleasuring or sport; a
fashionable man about town; esp., a man of means who
drives his own horse, sails his own yacht, or the like.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.] ||