Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: composure(0.01019 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to composure.
English → English (WordNet)
n : steadiness of mind under stress; “he accepted their problems
with composure and she with equanimity” [syn: calm, calmness,
equanimity] [ant: discomposure]
English → English (gcide)
Composure \Com*po"sure\, n. [From Compose.]
1. The act of composing, or that which is composed; a
Signor Pietro, who had an admirable way both of
composure [in music] and teaching. --Evelyn.
2. Orderly adjustment; disposition. [Obs.]
Various composures and combinations of these
3. Frame; make; temperament. [Obs.]
His composure must be rare indeed
Whom these things can not blemish. --Shak.
4. A settled state; calmness; sedateness; tranquillity;
repose. “We seek peace and composure.” --Milton.
When the passions . . . are all silent, the mind
enjoys its most perfect composure. --I. Watts.
5. A combination; a union; a bond. [Obs.] --Shak.