Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: coal fields (0.00793 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to coal fields.
English → English
Definition: coal fields
, n. [OF. bacin, F. bassin, LL. bacchinus, fr.
bacca a water vessel, fr. L. bacca berry, in allusion to the
round shape; or perh. fr. Celtic. Cf. Bac
1. A hollow vessel or dish, to hold water for washing, and
for various other uses.
2. The quantity contained in a basin.
3. A hollow vessel, of various forms and materials, used in
the arts or manufactures, as that used by glass grinders
for forming concave glasses, by hatters for molding a hat
into shape, etc.
4. A hollow place containing water, as a pond, a dock for
ships, a little bay. --Pope
5. (Physical Geog.)
(a) A circular or oval valley, or depression of the
surface of the ground, the lowest part of which is
generally occupied by a lake, or traversed by a river.
(b) The entire tract of country drained by a river, or
sloping towards a sea or lake.
6. (Geol.) An isolated or circumscribed formation,
particularly where the strata dip inward, on all sides,
toward a center; -- especially applied to the coal
formations, called coal basins
or coal fields