Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: choking(0.01268 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to choking.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a condition caused by blocking the airways to the lungs (as
with food or swelling of the larynx)
2: the act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the
windpipe; “no evidence that the choking was done by the
accused” [syn: strangling, strangulation, throttling]
English → English (gcide)
Choking \Chok"ing\, a.
1. That chokes; producing the feeling of strangulation.
2. Indistinct in utterance, as the voice of a person affected
with strong emotion.
Choke \Choke\ (ch[=o]k), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Choked; p. pr. &
vb. n. Choking.] [OE. cheken, choken; cf. AS. [=a]ceocian
to suffocate, Icel. koka to gulp, E. chincough, cough.]
1. To render unable to breathe by filling, pressing upon, or
squeezing the windpipe; to stifle; to suffocate; to
With eager feeding food doth choke the feeder.
2. To obstruct by filling up or clogging any passage; to
block up. --Addison.
3. To hinder or check, as growth, expansion, progress, etc.;
Oats and darnel choke the rising corn. --Dryden.
4. To affect with a sense of strangulation by passion or
strong feeling. “I was choked at this word.” --Swift.
5. To make a choke, as in a cartridge, or in the bore of the
barrel of a shotgun.
To choke off, to stop a person in the execution of a
purpose; as, to choke off a speaker by uproar.