Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: cement(0.01096 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to cement.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: make fast as if with cement; “We cemented our friendship”
2: cover or coat with cement
3: bind or join with or as if with cement
n 1: concrete pavement is sometimes referred to as cement; “they
stood on the gray cement beside the pool”
2: a building material that is a powder made of a mixture of
calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or
gravel to make concrete and mortar
3: something that hardens to act as adhesive material
4: any of various materials used by dentists to fill cavities
5: a specialized bony substance covering the root of a tooth
English → English (gcide)
Cement \Ce*ment"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Cemented; p. pr. & vb.
n. Cementing.] [Cf. F. cimenter. See Cement, n.]
1. To unite or cause to adhere by means of a cement. --Bp.
2. To unite firmly or closely. --Shak.
3. To overlay or coat with cement; as, to cement a cellar
Cement \Ce*ment"\, v. i.
To become cemented or firmly united; to cohere. --S. Sharp.
Cement \Ce*ment"\ (s[e^]*m[e^]nt" or s[e^]m"[e^]nt), n. [OF.
cement, ciment, F. ciment, fr. L. caementum a rough, unhewn
stone, pieces or chips of marble, from which mortar was made,
contr. fr. caedimentum, fr. caedere to cut, prob. akin to
scindere to cleave, and to E. shed, v. t.]
1. Any substance used for making bodies adhere to each other,
as mortar, glue, etc.
2. A kind of calcined limestone, or a calcined mixture of
clay and lime, for making mortar which will harden under
3. The powder used in cementation. See Cementation, n., 2.
4. Bond of union; that which unites firmly, as persons in
friendship, or men in society. “The cement of our love.”
5. (Anat.) The layer of bone investing the root and neck of a
tooth; -- called also cementum.
Hydraulic cement. See under Hydraulic.