Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: cantine (0.00733 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to cantine.
English → English
(k[a^]n*t[=e]n"), n. [F. cantine bottle
case, canteen (cf. Sp. & It. cantina cellar, bottle case),
either contr. fr. It. canovettina, dim. of canova cellar, or,
more likely, fr. OF. cant. corner, It. & Sp. canto. See 1st
1. A small vessel used by soldiers or hikers for carrying
water, liquor, or other drink. [Written also cantine
Note: In 1910 in the English service the canteen is made of
wood and holds three pints; in the United States it is
usually a tin flask.
2. A chest containing culinary and other vessels for military
officers in a garrison.
3. The sutler's shop in a garrison.
4. Hence: A store or small shop within a larger establishment
where refreshments and sometimes other supplies are sold.
At a military base the canteen may be as large as a
general store; within a school or small company it may be
only a small counter with very limited supplies, or a
5. A temporary location where food is dispensed during an