Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: broached(0.01476 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to broached.
English → Indonesian (quick)
melontarkan, memulai pembicaraan, peniti
English → English (WordNet)
adj : of a cask or barrel; “the cask was set abroach” [syn: abroach]
English → English (gcide)
Broach \Broach\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Broached; p. pr. & vb. n.
Broaching.] [F. brocher, fr. broche. See Broach, n.]
1. To spit; to pierce as with a spit.
I'll broach the tadpole on my rapier's point.
2. To tap; to pierce, as a cask, in order to draw the liquor.
Hence: To let out; to shed, as blood.
Whereat with blade, with bloody blameful blade,
He bravely broached his boiling bloody breast.
3. To open for the first time, as stores.
You shall want neither weapons, victuals, nor aid; I
will open the old armories, I will broach my store,
and will bring forth my stores. --Knolles.
4. To make public; to utter; to publish first; to put forth;
to introduce as a topic of conversation.
Those very opinions themselves had broached.
5. To cause to begin or break out. [Obs.] --Shak.
6. (Masonry) To shape roughly, as a block of stone, by
chiseling with a coarse tool. [Scot. & North of Eng.]
7. To enlarge or dress (a hole), by using a broach.
To broach to (Naut.), to incline suddenly to windward, so
as to lay the sails aback, and expose the vessel to the
danger of oversetting.