Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: bribe (0.00846 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to bribe.
English → Indonesian
mengemasi, menyogok, menyuap, sogokan, suapan
English → English
n : payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt
his judgment [syn: payoff
v : make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or
influence; “This judge can be bought”
grease one's palms
English → English
, v. i.
1. To commit robbery or theft. [Obs.]
2. To give a bribe to a person; to pervert the judgment or
corrupt the action of a person in a position of trust, by
some gift or promise.
An attempt to bribe, though unsuccessful, has been
holden to be criminal, and the offender may be
The bard may supplicate, but cannot bribe.
(br[imac]b), n. [F. bribe a lump of bread, scraps,
leavings of meals (that are generally given to a beggar), LL.
briba scrap of bread; cf. OF. briber, brifer, to eat
gluttonously, to beg, and OHG. bilibi food.]
1. A gift begged; a present. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
2. A price, reward, gift, or favor bestowed or promised with
a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the conduct of a
judge, witness, voter, or other person in a position of
Undue reward for anything against justice is a
3. That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
Not the bribes of sordid wealth can seduce to leave
these ever?blooming sweets. --Akenside.
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bribed
; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To rob or steal. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
2. To give or promise a reward or consideration to (a judge,
juror, legislator, voter, or other person in a position of
trust) with a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the
conduct; to induce or influence by a bribe; to give a
Neither is he worthy who bribes a man to vote
against his conscience. --F. W.
3. To gain by a bribe; of induce as by a bribe.