Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: breath(0.01153 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to breath.
English → Indonesian (quick)
atma, napas, sedikit, tiupan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the process of taking in and expelling air during breathing;
“he took a deep breath and dived into the pool”; “he was
fighting to his last breath”
2: the air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration; “his
sour breath offended her”
3: a short respite [syn: breather, breathing place, breathing space
, breathing spell, breathing time]
4: an indirect suggestion; “not a breath of scandal ever
touched her” [syn: hint, intimation]
5: a slight movement of the air; “there wasn't a breath of air
in the room” English → English (gcide)
Breath \Breath\ (br[e^]th), n. [OE. breth, breeth, AS.
br[=ae][eth] odor, scent, breath; cf. OHG. br[=a]dam steam,
vapor, breath, G. brodem, and possibly E. Brawn, and
1. The air inhaled and exhaled in respiration; air which, in
the process of respiration, has parted with oxygen and has
received carbonic acid, aqueous vapor, warmth, etc.
Melted as breath into the wind. --Shak.
2. The act of breathing naturally or freely; the power or
capacity to breathe freely; as, I am out of breath.
3. The power of respiration, and hence, life. --Hood.
Thou takest away their breath, they die. --Ps. civ.
4. Time to breathe; respite; pause.
Give me some breath, some little pause. --Shak.
5. A single respiration, or the time of making it; a single
act; an instant.
He smiles and he frowns in a breath. --Dryden.
6. Fig.: That which gives or strengthens life.
The earthquake voice of victory,
To thee the breath of life. --Byron.
7. A single word; the slightest effort; a trifle.
A breath can make them, as a breath has made.
8. A very slight breeze; air in gentle motion.
Calm and unruffled as a summer's sea,
when not a breath of wind flies o'er its surface.
9. Fragrance; exhalation; odor; perfume. --Tennison.
The breath of flowers. --Bacon.
10. Gentle exercise, causing a quicker respiration.
An after dinner's breath. --Shak.
Out of breath, breathless, exhausted; breathing with
Under one's breath, in low tones.