Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: blocking(0.01646 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to blocking.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : (American football) the act of obstructing someone's path
with your body; “he threw a rolling block into the line
backer” [syn: block, interference]
English → English (gcide)
Block \Block\ (bl[o^]k), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Blocked
(bl[o^]kt); p. pr. & vb. n. Blocking.] [Cf. F. bloquer, fr.
bloc block. See Block, n.]
1. To obstruct so as to prevent passage or progress; to
prevent passage from, through, or into, by obstructing the
way; -- used both of persons and things; -- often followed
by up; as, to block up a road or harbor; to block an
With moles . . . would block the port. --Rowe.
A city . . . besieged and blocked about. --Milton.
2. To secure or support by means of blocks; to secure, as two
boards at their angles of intersection, by pieces of wood
glued to each.
3. To shape on, or stamp with, a block; as, to block a hat.
4. to cause (any activity) to halt by creating an
obstruction; as, to block a nerve impulse; to block a
biochemical reaction with a drug.
To block out, to begin to reduce to shape; to mark out
roughly; to lay out; to outline; as, to block out a plan.
Blocking \Block"ing\, n.
1. The act of obstructing, supporting, shaping, or stamping
with a block or blocks.
2. Blocks used to support (a building, etc.) temporarily.