Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: black book(0.00999 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to black book.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: black book
n : a list of people who are out of favor [syn: blacklist, shitlist]
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Black book
Black book \Black" book`\ (bl[a^]k" b[oo^]k`).
1. One of several books of a political character, published
at different times and for different purposes; -- so
called either from the color of the binding, or from the
character of the contents.
2. A book compiled in the twelfth century, containing a
description of the court of exchequer of England, an
official statement of the revenues of the crown, etc.
3. A book containing details of the enormities practiced in
the English monasteries and religious houses, compiled by
order of their visitors under Henry VIII., to hasten their
4. A book of admiralty law, of the highest authority,
compiled in the reign of Edw. III. --Bouvier. --Wharton.
5. A book kept for the purpose of registering the names of
persons liable to censure or punishment, as in the English
universities, or the English armies.
6. Any book which treats of necromancy.
7. A book containing a black list.
8. A book kept by a single man, containing a list of women
whom he calls occasionally for a social date; -- usually
used in the phrase little black book. [jocose]