Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: beggar(0.01338 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to beggar.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a pauper who lives by begging [syn: mendicant]
v 1: be beyond the resources of; “This beggars description!”
2: reduce to beggary [syn: pauperize, pauperise]
English → English (gcide)
Beggar \Beg"gar\, n. [OE. beggere, fr. beg.]
1. One who begs; one who asks or entreats earnestly, or with
humility; a petitioner.
2. One who makes it his business to ask alms.
3. One who is dependent upon others for support; -- a
contemptuous or sarcastic use.
4. One who assumes in argument what he does not prove. --Abp.
Beggar \Beg"gar\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Beggared; p. pr. & vb.
1. To reduce to beggary; to impoverish; as, he had beggared
2. To cause to seem very poor and inadequate.
It beggared all description. --Shak.