Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: beast(0.01354 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to beast.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a living organism characterized by voluntary movement [syn:
animal, animate being, brute, creature, fauna]
2: a cruelly rapacious person [syn: wolf, savage, brute,
English → English (gcide)
Beast \Beast\ (b[=e]st), n. [OE. best, beste, OF. beste, F.
b[^e]te, fr. L. bestia.]
1. Any living creature; an animal; -- including man, insects,
etc. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
2. Any four-footed animal, that may be used for labor, food,
or sport; as, a beast of burden.
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast.
3. any animal other than a human; -- opposed to man.
'Tain't a fit night out for man nor beast.
4. Fig.: A coarse, brutal, filthy, or degraded fellow.
5. A game at cards similar to loo. [Obs.] --Wright.
6. A penalty at beast, omber, etc. Hence: To be beasted, to
be beaten at beast, omber, etc.
Beast royal, the lion. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
Syn: Beast, Brute.
Usage: When we use these words in a figurative sense, as
applicable to human beings, we think of beasts as mere
animals governed by animal appetite; and of brutes as
being destitute of reason or moral feeling, and
governed by unrestrained passion. Hence we speak of
beastly appetites; beastly indulgences, etc.; and of
brutal manners; brutal inhumanity; brutal ferocity.
So, also, we say of a drunkard, that he first made
himself a beast, and then treated his family like a